Don't worry if you don't have ramps as you can replace it with scallions, wild leeks, spinach, or arugula. Use any pesto you have on hand to replace my ramp pesto.
pizza crisper for the first time that my local Sur La Table recommended. I will never bake a pizza without it again. It achieved the extra crunchy, wood fire oven effect that I can never get at home. It would probably work great as a smoker that I plan on trying for my next pie. Ymmmm...I can't wait!!!
RAMP (WILD LEEK) PESTO PIZZA
1 pre-made whole wheat pizza dough
4 tbsp white flour
5 tbsp ramp pesto or any homemade pesto
8 slices fresh unsalted mozzarella
10 ramp leaves, green part only
1/2 piece goat cheese or chèvre
2 tbsp grapeseed oil
Maldon salt or any flaky sea salt to top
1. Remove dough from fridge a half hour before using to let it come to room temperature.
2. Preheat oven to highest it can go. Mine was 495 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. On a large wooden board, cover lightly with 2 tbsp flour. Make sure dough is a round ball shape and dust with balance of flour.
6. Using a spoon, spread pesto out from middle to cover dough evenly. Leave about 1" uncovered from the edge for the crust.
7. Add mozzarella slices on top evenly. Lay ramp leaves one at a time next to each other. Add small tbsp of goat cheese, one at a time, evenly on pie. Using a pastry brush, lightly cover the crust with oil so that it turns a nice golden color.
|Ramp pesto pizza porn.|